DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Share your stories about the Space Hulk and your battles.
Metalien

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Metalien » 05 November 2016, 13:14

Indeed, as Tati said, the Deathwing are from the Dark Angel (second best chapter after Imperial Fists?) chapter, so to have different chapters would be a bit daft. I like the idea though, I often wish that Dawn of War could be played with any other chapter than the crappy Blood Ravens. :lol:
Very sad with the state of this game on release. I have requested a refund from Steam. I'll try again in a years time, perhaps the devs might have fixed the various issues that we all reported during the beta.

Irydi

Post by Irydi » 05 November 2016, 13:45

Just because the game is called Deathwing and uses the Elite Dark Angels Terminators doesn't mean that all other chapters should be void of the game.

Main storyline sure but in PvP multiplayer I would imagine an army painter being present, but since this game is focused on co-op teamplay or single player, I would expect the devs sticking with Dark Angels since PvP Multiplayer wont even be released on launch we have just the Deathwing to look forward too.

In addition all Space Marine chapters are known for specific traits which would take the devs a colossal amount of time to create, making mechanics for the Blood Angels Black Rage for instance and then individually for each chapter, so if you mean different chapters in the game it would be extremely unlikely. If you only mean an army painter then at a guestiamte I would say it will be present in PvP Multiplayer when they decide to bring that out.

Iry
Winners train, looser's complain - Iry

We are the greatest humans ever born. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear - Sanguinius

JLDyck

Post by JLDyck » 06 November 2016, 22:22

I'd like to see options for the Dark Angels successor chapters that have their own version of a Deathwing (Guardians of the Covenant, Consecrators, etc.), but I'd vote no for the ultra smurfs, space puppies, or the "other" angels...

SpaceDwarf

Post by SpaceDwarf » 07 November 2016, 00:31

Deathwing does recruit from other chapters though; it might make sense to have some small signs of difference, like maybe an IF with a small fist token adorning his belt. Nothing noticeably different about the tactical dreadnought armour would make much sense though
To glory!

Taargkrizzt

Post by Taargkrizzt » 07 November 2016, 08:29

Can see this as something to work on post-launch. I see no reason *not* to have more options - even if you have the smurfs and/or the wolves its not like anyone is forcing you to play them. We could maybe even get some chaos options.
KILL! MAIM! BURN!

OgvaiOgvaiHelmscrott

Post by OgvaiOgvaiHelmscrott » 07 November 2016, 09:50

Well, this is in unreal engine isnt it, so the modding community could probably fix/add things that the devs see as minor or as not needed, if they allow modding oh and i hope they do because that would be a HUGE part of the community driven out like a bunch of heratics at market...

Also Space Wolves, The rout, Vlkar Fenryka!...i need my wolves..give me them..
Jarl of Tra Wolf lord, And most importantly, a member of the Rout!

Baq
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wbaczek

Post by Baq » 08 November 2016, 11:14

I want to have just imperial soldier without terminator armor with lasgun ... so it will be real hard core mode gameplay ;)
Emperor protect!

Wizard27

Post by Wizard27 » 08 November 2016, 16:28

Baq wrote:I want to have just imperial soldier without terminator armor with lasgun ... so it will be real hard core mode gameplay ;)
But does it really make sense to have Imperial Soldiers in combat "onboard" a Space Hulk? I doubt :-p
"Our names may be forgotten, and our bones crumble to dust, but our deaths will echo through the millennia to come."
Emperor's Children Captain Saul Tarvitz

JLDyck

Post by JLDyck » 09 November 2016, 03:49

Baq wrote:I want to have just imperial soldier without terminator armor with lasgun ... so it will be real hard core mode gameplay ;)
I'd vote for that just for the laughs

Antilles

Post by Antilles » 14 November 2016, 17:10

SpaceDwarf wrote:Deathwing does recruit from other chapters though;
Wut? Think you are confusing Deathwing (Dark Angels First Company) with Deathwatch - part of the Ordo Xenos who can draw marines from any chapter.

In this case, there is probably strong written material for the Deathwatch presence and I rather hope it might be one of the Fists, or successor (particularly Black Templars) as the writing could be good with their distrust of psykers.