DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Share your stories about the Space Hulk and your battles.
Ash
Posts: 24
Joined: 25 October 2016, 14:29

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Ash » 14 November 2016, 17:40

Wizard27 wrote:
Baq wrote:I want to have just imperial soldier without terminator armor with lasgun ... so it will be real hard core mode gameplay ;)
But does it really make sense to have Imperial Soldiers in combat "onboard" a Space Hulk? I doubt :-p
Of course it does: Terminator armor is expensive.

I mean we are talking about the imperium of man, who at one point had a planet where their generals said: "We'll expend 100 men for each square mile of this planet we take" and rather than stopping there and going: 'So lets nuke it from orbit', they said: "Okay, how many is that, and where is the nearest forge world?"

User avatar
NIewERO
Posts: 53
Joined: 05 November 2016, 18:36
Location: Russia

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by NIewERO » 15 November 2016, 12:19

Ash wrote:
Wizard27 wrote:
Baq wrote:I want to have just imperial soldier without terminator armor with lasgun ... so it will be real hard core mode gameplay ;)
But does it really make sense to have Imperial Soldiers in combat "onboard" a Space Hulk? I doubt :-p
THAT, By the way, would be AWESOME Idea... Like a *few perspectives co-op...*
Hulk's play in a FPS, and Imperium soldiers play in a RealTimeStrategy :\ Daamn... I would like to play in such thing :D


P.S. Image
http://coub.com/view/fbwvi For The EMPEROR! :shock:
My Coub channel http://coub.com/nieweros is always open for you ;-)

Ash
Posts: 24
Joined: 25 October 2016, 14:29

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Ash » 15 November 2016, 16:48

NIewERO wrote:
Ash wrote:
Wizard27 wrote: But does it really make sense to have Imperial Soldiers in combat "onboard" a Space Hulk? I doubt :-p
THAT, By the way, would be AWESOME Idea... Like a *few perspectives co-op...*
Hulk's play in a FPS, and Imperium soldiers play in a RealTimeStrategy :\ Daamn... I would like to play in such thing :D


P.S. Image
Space Hulk MOBA-Wing

Or actually you could do it kind of like Tiger knight... maybe you play a commissar and get like, 40-50 grunts who you funnel through corridors?

User avatar
NIewERO
Posts: 53
Joined: 05 November 2016, 18:36
Location: Russia

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by NIewERO » 15 November 2016, 22:56

Ash wrote:Space Hulk MOBA-Wing

Or actually you could do it kind of like Tiger knight... maybe you play a commissar and get like, 40-50 grunts who you funnel through corridors?
Nah... I meant CO-OP (Like a Vermintide) BUT a few (1-3) ppl can pick guys in power armor (and go First Person Shooter), and Others get Astra militarium squad, and play it in strategy style...
And together this FPS & RTS CO-OP squad need to clean Space Hulk :|

I WOULD LOVE THIS.
http://coub.com/view/fbwvi For The EMPEROR! :shock:
My Coub channel http://coub.com/nieweros is always open for you ;-)

Leodigarius
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 November 2016, 22:30

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Leodigarius » 16 November 2016, 02:02

Since the game is based around the Deathwing, I am fine with it just being Dark Angels for the time being. That being said, it would be cool to have additional campaigns down the line with more chapters and enemies available. Fighting some ancient daemon as the Grey Knights, cleansing orks as the Salamanders, or even fighting the forces of chaos and traitor marines with the Reclaimers would be awesome additions.

The reason I chose these 3 chapters specifically is for a number of reasons. The Grey Knights would have powerful psyker abilities, every class have a more interesting melee weapon like a Nemesis Halberd or Nemesis Falchions, has some pretty badass Terminator armor, and has unique ranged weapons as well like the Psilencer and Psycannon. Inquisitors could even be included with them too. Salamanders are unique since they all have combi-bolters, can extend the bones in their arms as swords, and they look very different with their dragonlike features. The Reclaimers would be interesting purely because they are significantly closer to the Adeptus Mechanicus than any other chapter, and because of this they have a unique relationship with them that gives them all sorts of advanced technologies.

For the time being, I would be fine with being able to customize your terminator with some form of heraldry or something that can personalize that armor. Terminators are veterans that earn the right to wear such venerable armor, and many of them retain it for decades or even centuries. With that level of commitment and ability, it would only make sense that they customize their armor with trophies, paint schemes, and so forth.

I am absolutely against the Ultramarines even being a thing, even the Novamarines are superior and are vastly more interesting.

Ash
Posts: 24
Joined: 25 October 2016, 14:29

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Ash » 16 November 2016, 15:54

NIewERO wrote:
Ash wrote:Space Hulk MOBA-Wing

Or actually you could do it kind of like Tiger knight... maybe you play a commissar and get like, 40-50 grunts who you funnel through corridors?
Nah... I meant CO-OP (Like a Vermintide) BUT a few (1-3) ppl can pick guys in power armor (and go First Person Shooter), and Others get Astra militarium squad, and play it in strategy style...
And together this FPS & RTS CO-OP squad need to clean Space Hulk :|

I WOULD LOVE THIS.
Yeah, that's basically what I said. You could pick a commissar who you directly control, with control over a number of NPC expendables.

I think the Commissar should Be there, and that be your point of control. Also, if you die, you get a bunch of guardsman running around in a panic.

Antilles
Posts: 12
Joined: 30 April 2015, 13:57

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Antilles » 16 November 2016, 22:32

Wasn't there a board game for boarding hulks as a salvage effort at some point?

Those guys are.mad! Usually the first ones to show up, and subsequently get horribly killed. Normal, unenhanced men and women of the Imperium.

Would make a great game!

User avatar
Dysprosius
Posts: 20
Joined: 04 November 2016, 00:09
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Dysprosius » 18 November 2016, 19:19

NIewERO wrote:
Ash wrote:Space Hulk MOBA-Wing

Or actually you could do it kind of like Tiger knight... maybe you play a commissar and get like, 40-50 grunts who you funnel through corridors?
Nah... I meant CO-OP (Like a Vermintide) BUT a few (1-3) ppl can pick guys in power armor (and go First Person Shooter), and Others get Astra militarium squad, and play it in strategy style...
And together this FPS & RTS CO-OP squad need to clean Space Hulk :|

I WOULD LOVE THIS.
So like Natural Selection 2.
Change is the only constant~

User avatar
Imperator5
Posts: 158
Joined: 19 November 2016, 21:29

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Imperator5 » 19 November 2016, 22:24

Some Space puppies and Blood Ravens would be amazing as a DLC for MP, but yeah the more Dark Angels special marines is more likely.

It would be great if you could play as a Terminator Captain or Chaplain.

mithrasmiles
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 November 2016, 17:43

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by mithrasmiles » 20 November 2016, 19:41

Leodigarius wrote:
The reason I chose these 3 chapters specifically is for a number of reasons. The Grey Knights would have powerful psyker abilities, every class have a more interesting melee weapon like a Nemesis Halberd or Nemesis Falchions, has some pretty badass Terminator armor, and has unique ranged weapons as well like the Psilencer and Psycannon. Inquisitors could even be included with them too. Salamanders are unique since they all have combi-bolters, can extend the bones in their arms as swords, and they look very different with their dragonlike features. The Reclaimers would be interesting purely because they are significantly closer to the Adeptus Mechanicus than any other chapter, and because of this they have a unique relationship with them that gives them all sorts of advanced technologies.
Salamanders do not have the ability to extend the bones in their arms as swords. You're thinking of the Black Dragons (a chapter of the Cursed Founding). Reclaimers aren't unique in having strong ties to the Mechanicus; The Iron Hands and their successors also have strong ties to the Mechanicus as well.
Leodigarius wrote:
I am absolutely against the Ultramarines even being a thing, even the Novamarines are superior and are vastly more interesting.
I would love to see the Novamarines and Blood Drinkers in a Death of Integrity scenario.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest