DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Share your stories about the Space Hulk and your battles.
User avatar
Chaplain Hadrien
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 November 2016, 20:44

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Chaplain Hadrien » 21 November 2016, 00:24

Guys, your arguments are really fucking dumbs.
The title of a game is here to claim his main lore, In Ultramarine you can play any chapter in multi, in MGS the Phantom pain you can play a guy with his two arms.

And, for the last example, Eternal Crusade. Okay, the Eternal Crusade WITHOUT ETERNAL CRUSADERS IN IT ! FU***** HERESY !! ****

**End Of Transmission**

Hellbudgie
Posts: 26
Joined: 08 November 2016, 12:00

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Hellbudgie » 21 November 2016, 18:18

Dysprosius wrote:
NIewERO wrote:
Ash wrote:Space Hulk MOBA-Wing

Or actually you could do it kind of like Tiger knight... maybe you play a commissar and get like, 40-50 grunts who you funnel through corridors?
Nah... I meant CO-OP (Like a Vermintide) BUT a few (1-3) ppl can pick guys in power armor (and go First Person Shooter), and Others get Astra militarium squad, and play it in strategy style...
And together this FPS & RTS CO-OP squad need to clean Space Hulk :|

I WOULD LOVE THIS.
So like Natural Selection 2.
My thought :D
But it would be cool with imperial forces.

In my oppinion there are too many games about the Adeptus Astartes. A full scale war as Imperial Soldier would be great.. a unrecognised psycher perhaps? :D

User avatar
Imperator5
Posts: 158
Joined: 19 November 2016, 21:29

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Imperator5 » 22 November 2016, 17:36

Hellbudgie wrote:
Dysprosius wrote:
NIewERO wrote:
Nah... I meant CO-OP (Like a Vermintide) BUT a few (1-3) ppl can pick guys in power armor (and go First Person Shooter), and Others get Astra militarium squad, and play it in strategy style...
And together this FPS & RTS CO-OP squad need to clean Space Hulk :|

I WOULD LOVE THIS.
So like Natural Selection 2.
My thought :D
But it would be cool with imperial forces.

In my oppinion there are too many games about the Adeptus Astartes. A full scale war as Imperial Soldier would be great.. a unrecognised psycher perhaps? :D
IG are as bland as any WW2 game. Space Marines are iconic 40k. If there were a dozen shooters in development sure, but lets face it , with the current rate of 40k games, they should stick to the unique factions they have.

Leodigarius
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 November 2016, 22:30

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Leodigarius » 23 November 2016, 02:22

Imperator5 wrote: IG are as bland as any WW2 game. Space Marines are iconic 40k. If there were a dozen shooters in development sure, but lets face it , with the current rate of 40k games, they should stick to the unique factions they have.

The only time a guardsman would ever see the inside of a Space Hulk is if they were with an Inquisitor as a member of the their retinue, if it crashed on a planet in the midst of a war torn planet like Armageddon, or if they were taken aboard as a prisoner by greenskins. Even then, as the player you would essentially turn the guardsman from someone shaking in fear, pissing their pants, fresh from the founding out of some backwater agriworld, and praying to the Emperor to being some elite commando storm trooper. Might as well be a space marine at that point. Maybe it could be cool to do that as a VR game so the player can be terrified, but not as a traditional game.

I completely agree that it would be yet another bland, boring, run of the mill shooter as a guardsman. Eldar, Tau, Hrud, Orks, or whatever else you want to name would be vastly more interesting.

Hellbudgie
Posts: 26
Joined: 08 November 2016, 12:00

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Hellbudgie » 23 November 2016, 19:19

Leodigarius wrote: The only time a guardsman would ever see the inside of a Space Hulk is if they were with an Inquisitor as a member of the their retinue, if it crashed on a planet in the midst of a war torn planet like Armageddon, or if they were taken aboard as a prisoner by greenskins. Even then, as the player you would essentially turn the guardsman from someone shaking in fear, pissing their pants, fresh from the founding out of some backwater agriworld, and praying to the Emperor to being some elite commando storm trooper.
Sounds like a great idea to me :mrgreen:

Tough you are right, that it would be quite a more "of mill" game, it has a much better potential to tell the stories of the 40k universe and it's people. Especially for those who don't know it.
From Astartes perspective an Ork is just a Xeno to purge.. for a IG pure flesh horror.
There are even other possibilitys then IG.. perhaps form the arbites, as Inquisiton storm trooper or Chapter Serf.. there are so many institutions in the Empire besides the Adeptus Astartes

Don't get me wrong.. I still like playing em ^^

User avatar
Imperator5
Posts: 158
Joined: 19 November 2016, 21:29

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Imperator5 » 24 November 2016, 14:58

Hellbudgie wrote:
Leodigarius wrote: The only time a guardsman would ever see the inside of a Space Hulk is if they were with an Inquisitor as a member of the their retinue, if it crashed on a planet in the midst of a war torn planet like Armageddon, or if they were taken aboard as a prisoner by greenskins. Even then, as the player you would essentially turn the guardsman from someone shaking in fear, pissing their pants, fresh from the founding out of some backwater agriworld, and praying to the Emperor to being some elite commando storm trooper.
Sounds like a great idea to me :mrgreen:

Tough you are right, that it would be quite a more "of mill" game, it has a much better potential to tell the stories of the 40k universe and it's people. Especially for those who don't know it.
From Astartes perspective an Ork is just a Xeno to purge.. for a IG pure flesh horror.
There are even other possibilitys then IG.. perhaps form the arbites, as Inquisiton storm trooper or Chapter Serf.. there are so many institutions in the Empire besides the Adeptus Astartes

Don't get me wrong.. I still like playing em ^^
And none of those would last much in a genestealer infested hulk. What I could see doing the same would be elite Adeptus Mechanicus or a cadre of Temple Assassins.

Hellbudgie
Posts: 26
Joined: 08 November 2016, 12:00

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Hellbudgie » 24 November 2016, 16:12

Imperator5 wrote: And none of those would last much in a genestealer infested hulk. What I could see doing the same would be elite Adeptus Mechanicus or a cadre of Temple Assassins.
Oh yeah.. thats for sure :D
What I meant was just another game with this/some settings (both of your options sound great too!) ^^
For the response of a hulk there is no better then the Astartes and every of my said brave soldiers would just vanish :mrgreen: ^^

Dreth1085
Posts: 15
Joined: 07 November 2016, 03:57

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Dreth1085 » 26 November 2016, 02:10

As far as additional chapters. Blood Angels would be the next and most logical choice seeing as how they are the poster boys for the Space Hulk TT game.

Frigglypuss
Posts: 13
Joined: 30 November 2016, 17:52

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Frigglypuss » 30 November 2016, 19:09

perhaps in the future there could be an expansion for another legion. i semi-recently read a novel about the Salamanders terminator squat boarding a wreck with tyranids all over it, and i think there were a few Night Lords causing a raucous along the way (but don't quote me on that). it may not really be on anyone's to-do list right now but there is potential for another legion to join the spacehulk explorations. i'm uncertain as to how well they would work together considering the Dark Angels are generally a withdrawn and secretive bunch by nature.

User avatar
Pharsys
Posts: 10
Joined: 28 November 2016, 08:06

Re: DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Post by Pharsys » 16 December 2016, 17:00

Dreth1085 wrote:As far as additional chapters. Blood Angels would be the next and most logical choice seeing as how they are the poster boys for the Space Hulk TT game.
I'd be glad to have the "less represented" chapters in the game before them (Iron Hands, Salamanders, Raven Guard, Flesh Tearers, Scars, Lamenters)... I find Ultras / Wolves / Angels too common in GW games... And that excuse of a chapter: Blood Ravens...which we will get another DoW for...
I haven't lost an arm, brother. It is right over there.
- Captain Alessio Cortez, Crimson Fists -

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest