This SSD thing

We'll help you troubleshoot issues with Space Hulk: Deathwing.
TechmarineZab

This SSD thing

Post by TechmarineZab » 25 November 2016, 15:50

Will we have to install the game on an ssd? I do not have an ssd and would like to play the game without waiting 10+ min to load. The game is fun however I also have not been able to play through the mission in its entirety. Constant disconnects make the game seem really bad.

Netheos
Administrateur

Re: This SSD thing

Post by Netheos » 25 November 2016, 15:56

Hi, thanks for your message! It's currently highly recommanded to install the game on a SDD, as stated in our Known Issues list, but it shouldn't be mandatoy.

We're working around the clock to optimize the game and it should be far better post release. Cheers!
Focus Home Interactive - Community Manager - @Netheos_

Depleted

Post by Depleted » 25 November 2016, 16:10

If you have the money and would like to upgrade to flash memory technology, i'd advise you look into the PCI-e SSD's that are coming out, they are much faster than s-ata ssd's and in the same price range too.

I highly recommend an SSD for any gamer who wants his or her favourite games to load much quicker. but with release the game is supposed to be like what 40gb big? And that's a lot of space for just one game. I use to keep gta 5 on my ssd but even then it was still 5 min loading times = loading screen simulator style gameplay so i moved it to my hdd as i'd rather 20 faster games compared to just one.

googlerboy

Post by googlerboy » 27 November 2016, 01:30

I have the same problem and it is very concerning and put's off the game majorly and with the crashing and loading screens almost makes it unplayable!

Baq
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wbaczek

Post by Baq » 28 November 2016, 09:16

On pretty older PC but with 16gb ram I load game normally from standard SATA HD drive.
Emperor protect!

Imperator5

Post by Imperator5 » 28 November 2016, 09:57

Not everybody can afford these things.

darkmuncan

Post by darkmuncan » 30 November 2016, 05:10

Imperator5 wrote:Not everybody can afford these things.
If people can drop a grand or 2 minimum on a Gaming Rig, they should be able to drop $50 on a 120GB or $100 on a 256 SSD.

Even for those on 3-4 year old machines, $100 is worth the investment for a 256 GB SSD that you can run your OS and a few of your games from.

Newegg has refurbished 512GB SSD's from $100+ at the moment. -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... 0600414919

Imperator5

Post by Imperator5 » 01 December 2016, 15:23

darkmuncan wrote:
If people can drop a grand or 2 minimum on a Gaming Rig, they should be able to drop $50 on a 120GB or $100 on a 256 SSD.

Even for those on 3-4 year old machines, $100 is worth the investment for a 256 GB SSD that you can run your OS and a few of your games from.

Newegg has refurbished 512GB SSD's from $100+ at the moment. -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... 0600414919
Some people have to save that money up, and that 100 dollars can be the difference between a bad and a good video card for example so your worldview is horrible distorted.

Not everybody is rich you know. Some people just do not have money, others can have additional expenses that eat into their earnings. It can be a sick relative, a big house, kids, or even another hobby like fishing or buying GW's plastic gold.

darkmuncan

Post by darkmuncan » 01 December 2016, 20:07

Imperator5 wrote:
darkmuncan wrote:

Some people have to save that money up, and that 100 dollars can be the difference between a bad and a good video card for example so your worldview is horrible distorted.

Not everybody is rich you know. Some people just do not have money, others can have additional expenses that eat into their earnings. It can be a sick relative, a big house, kids, or even another hobby like fishing or buying GW's plastic gold.
Oh please...

Don't for a minute pretend you know anything about me or my 'World View'.

I've seen the specs people are posting in this forum, and was merely pointing out the fact SSD's are no longer a luxury item, but a necessary (and affordable) item for any PC Gamer to get the most out of their rig.

Take your assumptions elsewhere please.

Imperator5

Post by Imperator5 » 02 December 2016, 16:02

darkmuncan wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
darkmuncan wrote:

Oh please...

Don't for a minute pretend you know anything about me or my 'World View'.

I've seen the specs people are posting in this forum, and was merely pointing out the fact SSD's are no longer a luxury item, but a necessary (and affordable) item for any PC Gamer to get the most out of their rig.

Take your assumptions elsewhere please.
Take your arrogance up your exhaust port. I am still sure it is a not affordable item for a lot of people. Convenient? Sure. Affordable? Lol Richie Rich, I love how you always have a hundred dollars to throw away. For some people that is a quarter of their monthly income and maybe needed to pay bills, you know? Of course you do not.