How To Report a Bug

Report your bugs and crashes here.
Netheos
Administrateur

How To Report a Bug

Post by Netheos » 24 November 2016, 17:13

Greetings Librarians,

In order to help us to locate and fix bugs, please include the dump files and DxDiag in your report. Try to give us as much details as possible about the issue and what you were doing when it happened. Screenshots are also welcome.

Dump files

First, you must enable the visibility of “Hidden Folders” in your Windows settings. You can find how to do it on Google.

Then, go to "C:\Users\CURRENTUSER\AppData\Local\SpaceHulkGame\Saved\Logs" (replace "currentuser" by your User Name on your computer). If you crashed, the game automatically creates a folder that you can compress into a .zip (or .rar) file and attach in your post.

DxDiag

1. Press the WINDOWS key (bottom left)
2. Type DXDIAG in the Search Bar and click on the corresponding program

A diagnosis will be executed then. After it's done, click on "Save all information" and save the DxDiag as text file (.txt).

After that, all you need to do is to compress them into a zip file (with the Dump files) and attach it to your post here with a detailed description of your crash.

Streum On Studio & Focus Home Interactive.
Focus Home Interactive - Community Manager - @Netheos_

Devostator

Re: How To Report a Bug

Post by Devostator » 25 November 2016, 12:16

I really enjoyed my first experience of this game. I played as a Librarian and halfway thru the first mission the game crashed. I could walk around but I could not do anything else. I could not fire I could not use my force sword, I could not use any of my librarian powers. I was level 5 at this point. Another player said he saw me glitching on screen. There did seem also to be a bit of lag between when I did an action and when it actually happened.

I didn't have any log saved after the crash in game, so there was nothing to attach to this post. In the end I could not even bring up the menu so I had to ALT-F4 to get out of the game and then rejoin as a level 1 Librarian again. I experienced another crash when we finished the mission and it went to load into another mission. Straight out Freeze. I had to hit ALT-F4 again :-(

I saved my DXDIAG info as requested above but I could not add it to this post as apparently .txt is an invalid file extension! So I guess you guys miss out on that too. The default choice when the file folder dialogue box appears is custom files, which makes it hard to find the DXDIAG file, I had to change it to All files.

I am running a AMD A7860K, 16GB RAM, 8GB RX480, A68HM-PLUS mobo.

Apart from all that, the game is great and I look forward to it being released, hopefully with all the bugs fixed, i don't want to go through a similar experience as Aliens: Colonial Marines again.

Abattur

Post by Abattur » 25 November 2016, 17:23

Game crashed.

Gameplay worked pretty well, it seems though that my computer is not beefy enough to run a stable 60fps, but otherwise is working pretty well.

Then without a warning it just crashed without any warning during a firefight, we were trying to shut down a nest.
Here in is the crash report and diagnose.
Attachments
UE4CC-Windows-72EEF8AE465AB180A693CA9EB91C54E4_0000.zip
(78.8 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

firefly223

Post by firefly223 » 25 November 2016, 20:30

Is a DxDiag report only needed for Crashes? If I'm simply having some bugs that weren't in the "Known Issues" section I assume I can simply describe my bugs here.

I have an NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics card with 4Gb of VRAM, and 8Gb of DDR3 RAM.

-A bug with the "Tactical Interface" the map itself will disappear when I resume game but the side panel on the right will remain with seemingly no way to get rid of it, preventing me from seeing my health or my Armor readings, however, I did notice a performance boost while this glitch was happening.

-framerate drops related to firing my weapons, lighting and of course high activity when lots of Genestealers are about

Imperator5

Post by Imperator5 » 25 November 2016, 23:43

Here are all the logs I got. 7 zip, no password.
firefly223 wrote:Is a DxDiag report only needed for Crashes? If I'm simply having some bugs that weren't in the "Known Issues" section I assume I can simply describe my bugs here.

I have an NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics card with 4Gb of VRAM, and 8Gb of DDR3 RAM.

-A bug with the "Tactical Interface" the map itself will disappear when I resume game but the side panel on the right will remain with seemingly no way to get rid of it, preventing me from seeing my health or my Armor readings, however, I did notice a performance boost while this glitch was happening.

-framerate drops related to firing my weapons, lighting and of course high activity when lots of Genestealers are about
Make the Imperium Great Again! :D
Attachments
Logs.7z
7zip crash dump logs
(133.53 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

hocduong

Post by hocduong » 26 November 2016, 00:03

got LowLevelFatalError crash to desktop
Attachments
LowLevelFatalError.zip
(210.66 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

pflaumenkuchen01

Post by pflaumenkuchen01 » 26 November 2016, 12:48

2crashes+dxdiag.zip
(116.39 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
The Game is very nice so far. Ive only noticed some fps drops during scenes with heavy ragdol amounts. Im using the ultra settings and im getting most of the time 60fps at 1080p. The logs and the dxdiag txt from my 2 crashes are attached.

ozkaze

Post by ozkaze » 26 November 2016, 13:12

i have a continual problem of when im half through the mission the game as crashes and has a dialog box that says fatal crash :(
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(14.11 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Cyber^Punk
Facebook: Eric Stainrook
Twitter: @estainrook

Post by Cyber^Punk » 26 November 2016, 13:54

Fun game, keep getting fatal errors. Usually it occurs when 4 players are on screen and we just finished a big battle. I am guessing perhaps a memory leak that is overloading the engine and my GPU?

Need a push to talk option, maybe just incorporate Steam talk so we can communicate even if we're quick matching?

I just zipped all crashes together with my DxDiag as requested.

If you need them separate reply to me here and I will re-send.

Thanks for the hard work, the game is awesome except for the few bugs!
Attachments
DxDiag.7z
(6.94 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Logs.7z
(109.38 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Kron
Twitter: kroshkaruiya1

Post by Kron » 26 November 2016, 14:55

Game's resoulution doesn't change at all. Changing it even to 1024x768 has no effect whatsoever. Also the game is in windowed borderless mode even if fullscreen mode is selected.
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(14.33 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Logs.zip
(220.21 KiB) Downloaded 12 times