[Resolved] Hacking Turrets in Multiplayer

Big_D

[Resolved] Hacking Turrets in Multiplayer

Post by Big_D » 21 February 2017, 03:32

Not sure if this is the proper place or if it should be in multiplayer issues but I encountered this while playing In Chapter 1 Co-Op.

In Chapter 1 I noticed the turrets were now hackable, and upon enabling and then hacking one, I was given the viewpoint of my character, but with the turret optic. I was unable to move, but could still shoot and zoom in. After destroying the turret and going into the inventory screen, I was able to move again, but was left with the turret's optic around the edges of my screen, blocking up a good portion of the map and the rest of the HUD. If you need any other info feel to tell me, but I had to leave the game and then come back for it to go back to normal.

Focus_Mélodie
Administrateur

Re: [Bug] Hacking Turrets in Multiplayer

Post by Focus_Mélodie » 21 February 2017, 14:56

Hello Big_D,

You shouldn't be able to hack turrets in multiplayer and we would very much like to know how you succeeded to hack one (buttons should be unclickable)

If you can, please give us more details about the steps that lead you to this bug, especially if you're able to reproduce it in another chapter (chapter 1 is currently all buggy on the beta) so we can eventually reproduce it and fix it. :)

Thanks for your report!

Mélodie

Big_D

Re: [Bug] Hacking Turrets in Multiplayer

Post by Big_D » 22 February 2017, 03:47

Focus_Mélodie wrote:
21 February 2017, 14:56
Hello Big_D,

You shouldn't be able to hack turrets in multiplayer and we would very much like to know how you succeeded to hack one (buttons should be unclickable)

If you can, please give us more details about the steps that lead you to this bug, especially if you're able to reproduce it in another chapter (chapter 1 is currently all buggy on the beta) so we can eventually reproduce it and fix it. :)

Thanks for your report!

Mélodie
Sorry for the late reply, was doing stuff all day today, but here's pretty much what happened as I remembered.

Oh, well I guess I can explain in a bit more detail. In Chapter 1 Co-Op we had just about reached our first actual objective of finding what happened to one of the original terminator teams. I decided to check the map, and saw Scan was available,. So figuring, "Screw it" I clicked it and the turret that is disabled past that point was selected and could actually be enabled. So I enabled the turret, and then hacked it. It did the process for both enabling and hacking the turret like single player, but it was when the hack was finished that it returned to my terminator screen but the turret optic was in the center of it. I couldn't move, nor could I look around, but I could shoot and reload. I tried to get out of it by destroying the turret, but that didn't work, so I tried hacking/destroying another and still was where I was.

It was only after I went into the inventory and left it that I could move again, only with the issue I was originally talking about. Leaving and returning to the game seemed to fix that however.

No problem, I'll check other chapters and see if it's the case again soon. It might just be an issue with chapter 1 though.