Velociraptom
Administrateur

Known Issues & Workarounds

Post by Velociraptom » 16 December 2016, 17:13

Greetings Librarians!

Here are the known issues so far, including some temporary workarounds:

Known Issues & Workarounds
  • Unable to see any servers in the multiplayer server list
    • Usually encountered after a host disconnection or a crash.
    • Workaround: exit and restart the game.
  • Unable to join a friend’s server
    • Usually encountered after a host disconnection or a crash.
    • Workaround:
      • Exit and restart the game OR
      • Invite or join through Steam invitations.
  • Unable to exit the game when pressing the Esc key
    • Happens if you accidentally rebind the Esc key in the options menu.
    • Workaround:
      Alt+F4 the game to exit
      delete the Input.ini file from the following folder:
      C:\Users\”username”\AppData\Local\SpaceHulkGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
      Note: the [AppData] folder might be hidden. Make sure to un-hide it in order to access (in C:\Users click on Organise>Folders and navigate to Display>Display hidden files and folders).
      Restart the game and avoid binding the Esc key again.
  • You have played the beta, and the controller key binding isn’t working properly (e.g. no Melee attack input)
    • Usually if you played the beta, the beta key binding has been saved in your Config files.
    • Workaround:
      Deactivate Steam cloud
      Delete the Input.ini file from the following folder:
      C:\Users\”username”\AppData\Local\SpaceHulkGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
      Note: the [AppData] folder might be hidden. Make sure to un-hide it to access it (in C:\Users click on Organise>Folders and navigate to Display>Display hidden files and folders)
  • Multiple “Server connection errors” in a row while trying to join a multiplayer game
    • Usually, when one connection error occurs in a game you’re trying to join (e.g.: the host suddenly quits), you’ll suffer repeating connection errors afterwards (one leading to another)
    • Workaround
      We recommend to restart the game to bypass the issue until we fix the connectivity issues (fixing currently in progress)
Glory to the Emperor!

Berytak

Re: Known Issues & Workarounds

Post by Berytak » 16 December 2016, 20:13

Velociraptom wrote:
  • Crash when opening inventory as the host (Multiplayer only)
    • Usually encountered when the host opens the inventory menu at level 3+.
    • No workaround for now. It will be fixed in the first update.
    • For now we can only recommend the host to choose a class he will be comfortable playing with the starting weapon (ex: Librarian or Heavy Weapon are good picks)
This can be fixed by selecting "Codex Ruleset" so you are not allowed to change weapons but can choose any from start.

Babyalien

Re: Known Issues & Workarounds: 4K Nvidia DSR fix

Post by Babyalien » 17 December 2016, 09:08

No DSR is a big loss for me then as I currently run all game at 4K DSR on my 1440p monitor so to not be able to select a resolution of 3840x2160 is disappointing to say the least.

However, I have discovered a workaround.

Go in to Control Panel and ensure DSR is set. This should allow you to force your monitor to display at 3840x2160 under 'Display category', then go to 'Change Resolution'. Here you can see the DSR resolutions so choose 3840x2160 and hit apply. Now the funny part is the desktop quality will be lost, looking slightly blurred but start the game anyway. Now go to the Video settings and the resolution drop-down should now show 3840x2160 to select.

Viola! 4K in-game resolution!

I'm still not convinced it's a massive jump in graphical fidelity, not as much as other games I've played with this setting, suggesting maybe the graphics are just badly optimised still, not sure though.

Bourrinopathe

Post by Bourrinopathe » 17 December 2016, 17:34

^ about DSR:

Try disabling the Temporal AA while using DSR. With this AA ON, everything gets blurry and ruins the fine texture work.
Depending on your rig, I'd suggest, no AA, DSR 1.5x, 2.0x or just go full 4k. Adjust the smoothing factor, and imho, you have the best quality possible.

Comparison no AA / Temporal S4
(1080p)
SteamID Bourrinopathe // UTC +4 // FR/EN

Babyalien

Post by Babyalien » 18 December 2016, 15:01

Bourrinopathe wrote:^ about DSR:

Try disabling the Temporal AA while using DSR. With this AA ON, everything gets blurry and ruins the fine texture work.
Depending on your rig, I'd suggest, no AA, DSR 1.5x, 2.0x or just go full 4k. Adjust the smoothing factor, and imho, you have the best quality possible.

Comparison no AA / Temporal S4
(1080p)

You sir are a genius! Thanks for the tip.

I have now played with the Temporal AA and dropped this to 1 just to smooth some of the jaggies a little but it has retained masses of detail now by comparison to running at 4 x Temporal AA. Haven't played with the DSR slider yet but looking much better already. Here are a couple of comparative shots. First ones being 4 x TAA, 2 ones being 1 x TAA.
Attachments
SpaceHulkGame-4K + 4 x TAA Cropped.jpg
SpaceHulkGame-4K + 4 x TAA Cropped.jpg (963.5 KiB) Viewed 2588 times
SpaceHulkGame- 4K + 1 x TAA Cropped.jpg
SpaceHulkGame- 4K + 1 x TAA Cropped.jpg (967.86 KiB) Viewed 2588 times

raowynmune

Post by raowynmune » 18 December 2016, 16:35

Best of luck Streum. I hope you can get all the bugs quashed the game sure has tons of potential. Cheers!

Daedalao

Post by Daedalao » 19 December 2016, 19:13

For my group, the host accessing the inventory crash only happens if the host accesses the inventory more than once. Fortunately there is a bug between missions allowing you to keep your weapons.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » 21 December 2016, 13:23

Do you guys know about the sound issues with enemy units?
The spikes that happen due to the enemies all creating sound as soon as they spawn. Causing a spike as the sound processing devices cannot handle it.
Its either due to too many sounds or the sound quality being too high.
You can disable your sound to stop the lag spikes, but the sound is really good so that is not really an option.
Perhaps implementing a patch with the option to limit the enemy sound creation.
Or having a single sound representation for the swarm instead of having each unit get its own sound.

Netheos
Administrateur

Post by Netheos » 22 December 2016, 14:21

Added:
  • Unable to join a game through matchmaking
    • Matchmaking isn't working properly since the hotfix 1.06. We're working on it.
    • Workaround: You can find join a game through the lobby list or through Steam invites.
Focus Home Interactive - Community Manager - @Netheos_

Zimbel

Post by Zimbel » 24 December 2016, 11:13

Hi,

if iam host, and one guy is joining, this happens in the first picture >D everytime. The game changes the perspective :D

And in picture 2 and 3, this is happen during i choose my gear and marine.

20161218230149_1.jpg
20161218230149_1.jpg (288.08 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
20161218230117_1.jpg
20161218230117_1.jpg (353.91 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
20161218230115_1.jpg
20161218230115_1.jpg (373.94 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Zimbel :mrgreen:

PC:
intel-i5-4690 @ 4x3,5ghz
MSI GTX 960 2GB
MSI Gaming 3 Z97