Terminators strength

Talk about Space Hulk: Deathwing here!
HORDESLICER

Terminators strength

Post by HORDESLICER » 16 December 2016, 19:32

I am moving thread started on my previous topic (link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3082&start=10) to this topic

I am huge Space Marine fan and I was waiting for this game for long time because I was hoping for another game about powerful Astartes. When the game came out, my excitement turned into disappointment. (damn you, Isador!)
Astartes supposed to be heroes bringing light in the darkness. In Deathwing they can go down from one hit.
As I said before, I agree that Deathwing Terminators in this game are pathetic comparing with standard marines from SM. In SM standard marines are way more powerful than the Terminators in this game who supposed to be way tougher than standard marines (and are elite of Terminators as the Deathwing) just are not my space marines from my favourite SM game and novels. Actually Space Marine is only game about Astartes from novel books.
my suggestion:
I'm NOT saying that this game is hopeless trash. It have very huge potential. It would be great to throw more xenos counts to fight with for the Terminators and add some features so Terminators would not be so bad.

Panocek

Re: Terminators strength

Post by Panocek » 16 December 2016, 20:46

On other hand, they come up against Jeanstealers, who are somewhat known for their rending claws, capable of tearing heavy armor with ease. "Regular" power armor against these and you might have just as bad time as guardsmen vs orky axe.

I can agree on hybrids and their found pew pew guns, capable of denting terminator armor, but I guess this is the part where gameplay trumps lore.

Frost

Post by Frost » 17 December 2016, 13:07

Panocek wrote:On other hand, they come up against Jeanstealers, who are somewhat known for their rending claws, capable of tearing heavy armor with ease. "Regular" power armor against these and you might have just as bad time as guardsmen vs orky axe.

I can agree on hybrids and their found pew pew guns, capable of denting terminator armor, but I guess this is the part where gameplay trumps lore.
If so, Imperium would not use damned terminator armors. Astartes armor is far more superior than guardsmen armor.
Panocek wrote:I'm NOT saying that this game is hopeless trash. It have very huge potential. It would be great to throw more xenos counts to fight with for the Terminators and add some features so Terminators would not be so bad.
Yes, Deathwing need better terminators. Playing Deathwing I feel like guardsman in power armor, not like true Astartes. Don't mention freaking Deathwing terminators.

raowynmune

Post by raowynmune » 17 December 2016, 17:42

In general I don't take issue with damage from melee Tyranids - they are absolutely deadly in melee and that's supported by plenty of lore - but STUBBERS SHOULD DO VIRTUALLY NOTHING TO TERMINATORS! Any enemy that fires bullets should be more about harassment of players rather than real damage - as it stands they are more deadly than the Genestealers! Unacceptable. Please rebalance.

Imperator5

Post by Imperator5 » 17 December 2016, 23:09

I just think the hybrids weapons could be changed for weapons that are more likely to damage terminators.

fenrir

Post by fenrir » 18 December 2016, 02:25

Frost wrote:
Panocek wrote:On other hand, they come up against Jeanstealers, who are somewhat known for their rending claws, capable of tearing heavy armor with ease. "Regular" power armor against these and you might have just as bad time as guardsmen vs orky axe.

If so, Imperium would not use damned terminator armors. Astartes armor is far more superior than guardsmen armor.
Panocek wrote:I'm NOT saying that this game is hopeless trash. It have very huge potential. It would be great to throw more xenos counts to fight with for the Terminators and add some features so Terminators would not be so bad.
Yes, Deathwing need better terminators. Playing Deathwing I feel like guardsman in power armor, not like true Astartes. Don't mention freaking Deathwing terminators.
Terminator armor vs rending claws is about as protective as having armor made out of card board boxes... Also these nids are extreamly tough,,,, 3x face punches on a ''normal'' genestealer with power fist is 2 punches to many... also getting rushed by 3-4 brood lords at once is a bit lore breaking.....

Chaos Marine

Post by Chaos Marine » 18 December 2016, 02:56

To be frankly honest, I think this is one part where gameplay and "balance" should be told to go fuck off and be more true to the lore. If you want to have hybrids with autoguns, fine. Have fuckloads of them but have their guns be useless in terms of damage but have them apply accuracy penalties. Though that should be bullshit lore-wise as well. Their entire role should be an annoyance to soak up rounds for the genestealers to get in close.

The lack of accuracy of the assault cannon is bullshit as well. The very concept of such a weapon is have to phenomenal accuracy while pumping out an insane rate of fire.

Rotiart

Post by Rotiart » 19 December 2016, 13:19

The Genestealer damage, if anything, should be amped up, especially in No Mercy difficulty, you should not be letting Genestealers get close. But for the Rifles? I think that the normal autoguns that most Hybrids have should deal no damage, but cause some accuracy problems, some small screenshake, as well as the nuisance of having the bullets bounce off you, causing sparks which would obscure vision.

Bourrinopathe

Post by Bourrinopathe » 19 December 2016, 14:07

+40000

I stopped playing the campaign on No Mercy difficulty because of these very same tiny hybrids firing they tiny little guns at my tank-guys.

They're just way too powerful for what they look like.
At least if they have to deal damage, there should be way more of them focusing all their firepower on you. At least that would make sense - but I'm not knowledgeable about the lore so if they're not supposed to deal damage to a tactical dreadnought armour, so be it. I'll be more than happy to get my accuracy hindered by several effects, sparks and such.
Keep the psykers dangerous, keep the rocket launchers dangerous, but those tiny guns do not look and sound dangerous for a terminator.
Oh and the hybrids are also sponge like, eating micro-missiles for breakfast. It doesn't feel right.

On the other hand, I really like how dangerous the genestealers are (No Mercy difficulty).

I understand they're the main ranged enemies but there must be a better, more intuitive, solution (more rocket launchers? laser guns? more psykers?).
SteamID Bourrinopathe // UTC +4 // FR/EN

ottakanawa

Post by ottakanawa » 19 December 2016, 14:58

raowynmune wrote:In general I don't take issue with damage from melee Tyranids - they are absolutely deadly in melee and that's supported by plenty of lore - but STUBBERS SHOULD DO VIRTUALLY NOTHING TO TERMINATORS! Any enemy that fires bullets should be more about harassment of players rather than real damage - as it stands they are more deadly than the Genestealers! Unacceptable. Please rebalance.
Stubbers should literally do nothing to termies correct