Terminators strength

Talk about Space Hulk: Deathwing here!
ottakanawa

Re: Terminators strength

Post by ottakanawa » 19 December 2016, 14:59

Imperator5 wrote:I just think the hybrids weapons could be changed for weapons that are more likely to damage terminators.
Like bolters. There are bolters for normal humans. It's a space hulk, the gene stealers could have had access to them.

Irydi

Post by Irydi » 19 December 2016, 17:34

Terminator armor vs rending claws is about as protective as having armor made out of card board boxes... Also these nids are extreamly tough,,,, 3x face punches on a ''normal'' genestealer with power fist is 2 punches to many... also getting rushed by 3-4 brood lords at once is a bit lore breaking.....
Addressing this, 3x face punches? If you land a hit with the power fist on a standard Genestealer they die on any difficulty. Your 3x hit is them parrying you which they are more than allowed to do.

Second getting rushed by 3-4 brood lords? When does this happen? Please don't say you're getting mixed up with Scythe Strain Genestealers? I've only been up against 1 Brood Lord at a time but sometimes many Scythe and I've just completed my Lions Sword playthrough.

I agree with the Rending claws though, Genestealers of any variety cut through tanks they have never had a problem with Terminators. If you play the board game (which this is supposed to be a representation of) the goal is to really keep Genestealers away, if they get within melee range then you can kiss your Termie goodbye (probably).

Iry
Winners train, looser's complain - Iry

We are the greatest humans ever born. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear - Sanguinius

Irydi

Post by Irydi » 19 December 2016, 17:41

ottakanawa wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I just think the hybrids weapons could be changed for weapons that are more likely to damage terminators.
Like bolters. There are bolters for normal humans. It's a space hulk, the gene stealers could have had access to them.
There are not Bolters for normal humans.

The kickback of a Bolt Gun is enough to tear a mans arm off, the Boltgun is part of the Space Marines arsenal.

A bolt pistol maybe but a heavy stub gun is better than those.

If in doubt http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Boltgun

Iry
Winners train, looser's complain - Iry

We are the greatest humans ever born. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear - Sanguinius

HORDESLICER

Post by HORDESLICER » 19 December 2016, 18:28

Rotiart wrote:The Genestealer damage, if anything, should be amped up, especially in No Mercy difficulty, you should not be letting Genestealers get close. But for the Rifles? I think that the normal autoguns that most Hybrids have should deal no damage, but cause some accuracy problems, some small screenshake, as well as the nuisance of having the bullets bounce off you, causing sparks which would obscure vision.
As I said, changing anything beside of enemies counts for difficulty level is bad.
fenrir wrote:Terminator armor vs rending claws is about as protective as having armor made out of card board boxes...
Frost wrote:If so, Imperium would not use damned terminator armors. Astartes armor is far more superior than guardsmen armor.
Yes, there would be no sense of using the Terminator armors. They are using them because those powerful armors was created to withstand odds like xenos claws.
fenrir wrote:Also these nids are extreamly tough,,,, 3x face punches on a ''normal'' genestealer with power fist is 2 punches to many...
I agree. True Astartes would kill genestealers with one power fist blow.
Irydi wrote:I agree with the Rending claws though, Genestealers of any variety cut through tanks they have never had a problem with Terminators. If you play the board game (which this is supposed to be a representation of) the goal is to really keep Genestealers away, if they get within melee range then you can kiss your Termie goodbye (probably).
Every Terminator is great Astartes who have gained the Terminator honors for proving their combat skills and Deathwing is elite among the Terminators. They are more skilled than standard Astartes and can slay lesser xenos like genestealers with ease.
Irydi wrote:There are not Bolters for normal humans.

The kickback of a Bolt Gun is enough to tear a mans arm off, the Boltgun is part of the Space Marines arsenal.

A bolt pistol maybe but a heavy stub gun is better than those.

If in doubt http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Boltgun
Yes, kickback of these mighty weapons are such powerful, but there are mortal versions of bolt weapons. Did you never seen commissar with bolt pistol or sister of battle with bolter?
Mortal bolt weapons are much smaller, lighter and are using much weaker ammunition, but they are still very effective weapons. There are bolters, heavy bolters and bolt pistols created to be used by mortals.
Bolt weapons are way more powerful than any stub weapons.

From site linked by you:
"Boltguns usable by mere "mortals" come in various patterns, though they still follow the same basic design philosophy. Despite the fact that they pale in comparison to their larger cousins, their power is still such that they can easily cut a man in two."
Last edited by HORDESLICER on 20 December 2016, 03:47, edited 2 times in total.

Panocek

Post by Panocek » 19 December 2016, 21:00

ottakanawa wrote:
In Black Templars ship one can see quite generous amount of bolters laying around. Just saying :roll:
I guess they might even stumble into plasma gun/pistol or flamer.

For recoil - I guess hybrid might cope with single shots from Marine sized bolter, but fully automatic... no way.
Other option would be heavy bolters looted from IG ships and used as emplaced weapon

Depleted

Post by Depleted » 19 December 2016, 22:15

As it is atm the game has been developed wrong on so many points, autoguns should do nothing but draw your attention to allow genestealers to get in melee range.
weapons should be accurate and deadly.
recoil/spread is a joke.
sprint button? we aren't wearing aquila pattern armour, we're wearing termy armour, termy armour is suppose to be less agile as it's made up of thicker armour, sprint is a joke.

HORDESLICER

Post by HORDESLICER » 20 December 2016, 00:55

Panocek wrote: In Black Templars ship one can see quite generous amount of bolters laying around. Just saying :roll:
I guess they might even stumble into plasma gun/pistol or flamer.

For recoil - I guess hybrid might cope with single shots from Marine sized bolter, but fully automatic... no way.
Other option would be heavy bolters looted from IG ships and used as emplaced weapon
Mortals are not using Astartes bolt weapons because they really would damage themselves even from semi-automatic mode.
Depleted wrote:As it is atm the game has been developed wrong on so many points, autoguns should do nothing but draw your attention to allow genestealers to get in melee range.
weapons should be accurate and deadly.
recoil/spread is a joke.
I agree with you, all Terminator weapons supposed to be way more deadly. Especially close combat weapons.
Depleted wrote:sprint button? we aren't wearing aquila pattern armour, we're wearing termy armour, termy armour is suppose to be less agile as it's made up of thicker armour, sprint is a joke.
Good point. Astartes are superhumans but in Terminator armor they supposed to have limited movement comparing to the Aquilas where they can sprint very fast and do combat rolls. Astartes are sprinting rarely, usually moving in the tactical movement. Sprint supposed to be changed to dodge ability for close combat.

Roibr

Post by Roibr » 03 January 2017, 22:17

U can 1 hit Genestealers in the Head! I only use Powerfist on Assault and i use it a lot. Sometimes i can hit even more with one swing.
If u drag your Swings from Enemy to Enemy u can hit multiple. I am still not 100% certain of it. But pretty certain. This works with all Weapons! I hit and drag them from enemy to enemy.

Also u need to be very accurate in my opinion to give Headshots/blows to Genestealer and such!

Lorewise Terminator Armor is used due to "Protection and Firepower". Since Genestealer have Rending Claws it doesn`t matter however. I`ve u have a slight chance of surviving it is Terminator Armor.

Plus, only the best Astartes of all Chapters wear Terminator Armor, so they have the biggest and baddest Guns and the best chance of Survival! :mrgreen:
Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light
Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith
Where there is shame, I shall point atonement
Where there is rage, I shall show its course
My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field.

Baron

Post by Baron » 04 January 2017, 14:08

Now this is only my personal opinion but...

1.) As for how tough Termies are...I'm rather ok with where they are EXCEPT for spitters/poison. Spitters and Poison can take out a Termie WAYYY too easy, and it feels really cheap to die to it as well. In addition, dying in melee to larger enemies is annoying, but that's more because the melee feels a little bit clunky still. Once they work on making it a little bit more responsive it should be much less annoying to perform melee.

2.) Terminator weapons are just too weak, at least for me. I don't mind my enemies having the ability to rip me a new one, that's perfectly dandy. In fact, I'd like the higher the difficulty, the more deadly both my weapons and my enemy's weapons are. Anyways, current Terminator weapons feel just a single step below where they should be. For example I use the Spear of Caliban, and I can pump like 15 shots into a single enemy to down them, and while headshots make that number lower....the accuracy on the Spear makes those headshots rather moot. That's not even counting when it jams. Now imagine that, 15 shots, out of a max of 30...when a swarm hits. I spend the majority of my time as a Tac swinging my fist instead of shooting, and even my fist is weak. I've had to hit regular genestealers up to 3 times with a Power Fist to kill them, which is a bit much. I don't want to feel like a single bullet is enough to kill each and every enemy, but the current damage values for both ranged and melee weapons are a bit too far behind.

Roibr

Post by Roibr » 04 January 2017, 15:00

A little buff to DMG wouldn`t hurt i guess. At least not on all Weapons, but:

Look, brother. As a Tactical you are pretty much Support. I love seeing(course not) Tacticals in Frontline and dying first. Or they just dont use their abilities! Sooooo many times i ....

U do Splash Dmg and should Team up with another Brother for Concentrated Fire, as of right now! Can`t give u any better advice other than Headshotting all of them Filth!

I really love the Assault Cannon. I felt it too weak alot of the time. Especially when u go around Level 6+ and on Hard or Very Hard!
But when u really Concentrate on Giving Headshots, even they drop very fast ;) Try aiming a little higher than usual and u should be good, or at least better than before
Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light
Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith
Where there is shame, I shall point atonement
Where there is rage, I shall show its course
My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field.