Terminators strength

Talk about Space Hulk: Deathwing here!
Baron

Re: Terminators strength

Post by Baron » 04 January 2017, 16:21

Roibr wrote:A little buff to DMG wouldn`t hurt i guess. At least not on all Weapons, but:

Look, brother. As a Tactical you are pretty much Support. I love seeing(course not) Tacticals in Frontline and dying first. Or they just dont use their abilities! Sooooo many times i ....

U do Splash Dmg and should Team up with another Brother for Concentrated Fire, as of right now! Can`t give u any better advice other than Headshotting all of them Filth!

I really love the Assault Cannon. I felt it too weak alot of the time. Especially when u go around Level 6+ and on Hard or Very Hard!
But when u really Concentrate on Giving Headshots, even they drop very fast ;) Try aiming a little higher than usual and u should be good, or at least better than before
The problem with your answer is...

1.) No terminator is support. They're all combat classes, in lore, TT, and in other Spacehulk games. To be fair, I understand that in this game that they are intended not to be the high DPS ranged or melee variant...still where they currently stand is too low. This is especially true considering their "support" abilities are much too weak to warrant that kind of lack in killing power. At least Apothecaries can heal someone else, the Apo himself, an AOE heal, and they get a pretty decent shotty. A tactical's abilities are nowhere near that useful unless you are in codex rules mode.

2.) Abilities, I touched on this before but... the Tactical abilities are rather lackluster. Their respawn ability is questionably useful because it isn't even needed if your Apo is doing their job. If it IS needed, chances are your squad is already surrounded/swamped and anyone you spawn in will get insta-gibbed on spawn anyways. The Spear is again, rather lackluster as a weapon, at least better than a Stormbolter though. Protection has never, ever, changed the outcome of a battle. You could not use protection ever...and it won't change anything. And the crusaders ability just makes you more accurate with less of a chance to jam up the weapon. For the Stormbolter... that means crusaders is uselss. For the spear, it means you are more accurate and can empty your magazine, which is nice...until you realize that's still only like 3 kills.

3.) Headshots...ok let's be serious, weapons in this game aren't accurate enough to milk headshots, except for the Stormbolter which does low damage. Even the spear is a joke accuracy wise, and you can't CONSTANTLY be using crusaders, there is a cooldown on that ability.

4.) What Splash damage? The Stormbolter has no splash, and the Spear does such a small amount of splash damage it's practically neglible. So...unless they are going to implement the Flamer soon...there is no splash damage for a Tac that's substantial.

I don't mean to be argumentative but...I already thought about everything you said before I made my first post. The weapons in this game are a step below where they should be damage wise and accuracy wise. Likely they are a step below in the magazine capacity area too. That's not to say that I want all the weapons to be "delete" guns, but every enemy shouldn't feel like a mini-bullet sponge. This isn't Borderlands 2 UVHM.

Roibr

Post by Roibr » 05 January 2017, 16:59

Baron wrote:
Roibr wrote:A little buff to DMG wouldn`t hurt i guess. At least not on all Weapons, but:

Look, brother. As a Tactical you are pretty much Support. I love seeing(course not) Tacticals in Frontline and dying first. Or they just dont use their abilities! Sooooo many times i ....

U do Splash Dmg and should Team up with another Brother for Concentrated Fire, as of right now! Can`t give u any better advice other than Headshotting all of them Filth!

I really love the Assault Cannon. I felt it too weak alot of the time. Especially when u go around Level 6+ and on Hard or Very Hard!
But when u really Concentrate on Giving Headshots, even they drop very fast ;) Try aiming a little higher than usual and u should be good, or at least better than before

1.) No terminator is support. They're all combat classes, in lore, TT, and in other Spacehulk games. To be fair, I understand that in this game that they are intended not to be the high DPS ranged or melee variant...still where they currently stand is too low. This is especially true considering their "support" abilities are much too weak to warrant that kind of lack in killing power. At least Apothecaries can heal someone else, the Apo himself, an AOE heal, and they get a pretty decent shotty. A tactical's abilities are nowhere near that useful unless you are in codex rules mode.

2.) Abilities, I touched on this before but... the Tactical abilities are rather lackluster. Their respawn ability is questionably useful because it isn't even needed if your Apo is doing their job. If it IS needed, chances are your squad is already surrounded/swamped and anyone you spawn in will get insta-gibbed on spawn anyways. The Spear is again, rather lackluster as a weapon, at least better than a Stormbolter though. Protection has never, ever, changed the outcome of a battle. You could not use protection ever...and it won't change anything. And the crusaders ability just makes you more accurate with less of a chance to jam up the weapon. For the Stormbolter... that means crusaders is uselss. For the spear, it means you are more accurate and can empty your magazine, which is nice...until you realize that's still only like 3 kills.

3.) Headshots...ok let's be serious, weapons in this game aren't accurate enough to milk headshots, except for the Stormbolter which does low damage. Even the spear is a joke accuracy wise, and you can't CONSTANTLY be using crusaders, there is a cooldown on that ability.

4.) What Splash damage? The Stormbolter has no splash, and the Spear does such a small amount of splash damage it's practically neglible. So...unless they are going to implement the Flamer soon...there is no splash damage for a Tac that's substantial.

I don't mean to be argumentative but...I already thought about everything you said before I made my first post. The weapons in this game are a step below where they should be damage wise and accuracy wise. Likely they are a step below in the magazine capacity area too. That's not to say that I want all the weapons to be "delete" guns, but every enemy shouldn't feel like a mini-bullet sponge. This isn't Borderlands 2 UVHM.
Hy :P

1. When i meant Support, its in the Game not Lorewise(of course)

2. Never said Stormbolter had Splashdamage. Spear dioes however, or lets say it does feel like it has!

3. I agree with Tacticals Abilities are.. Shield is pretty much useless. I always forgot to use it as Tactical.

4. Accuracy wise i would only buff the Assault Cannon. Vengeance is already very Accurate, it only does kick like the Emperor :shock:
When u watch the Bullettrails u can see how tight the spread actually is!
I would like to see more accuracy on the Assault Cannon. Maybe, but only maybe more DMG. Accuracy would give this Weapon "MORE" Dmg in a sense, due to more bullets will actually hit the target.

But like i said, Assault Cannon is useful even on Lion`s Sword! You can kill lots and lots of them. The more are coming and running next to each other the better!

The Question is: HOW MANY ENEMIES CAN SPAWN AND ATTACK AT THE SAME TIME?

The Game needs to be balanced accordingly to the Numbers and or Tier of Enemies. Otherwise u see `em and one sec later, they are wiped from History. I rather have a slightly longer fight...

If u could choose how many Enemies can possibly spawn, or at least get rid of a "Numbers Cap", i`d definelty go with more Dmg!!

On Champion(Normal) Difficulty, you can kill them soooo fast. If it would be faster i`d be dissapointed because i can`t listen to my awesome Assault Cannons Roarring and would shoot into nothing all the time so i can hear it :?

I first thought that the higher the difficulty, the more enemies will appear. That is however balanced on Team- SIze/ Skill, and higher difficulty gives them just more health and Dmg. There is always a cap on Numbers since some PC`s won`t handle too much enemies at the same time. Think about that, too!

I would like to see a mechanic where you are able to get rid of enemy Cap on Numbers! So i would play on Champion and have the Dmg Output you love to play with. Since on Normal like i said, has low Enemy Health. I haven`t tried the lowest difficulty of course. Maybe iot that what u want to play???!!!
Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light
Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith
Where there is shame, I shall point atonement
Where there is rage, I shall show its course
My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field.

Roibr

Post by Roibr » 05 January 2017, 17:03

Baron wrote:

Hy :P

1. When i meant Support, its in the Game not Lorewise(of course)

2. Never said Stormbolter had Splashdamage. Spear dioes however, or lets say it does feel like it has!

3. Headshots are very viable... Maybe u didn`t notice that when u zoom, you have more accuracy, less Recoil.
It "simulates" all the Gyros and Assistances etc. a Terminator would have in his Armor. If i remeber correctly, their Armor is able to shoot by themself if u go Overwatch. It is of course not as Accurate and reliable as when Astartes shoots by themselves, but still u could watch in one direction and your suit will attack enemies in your momentary deadzone, since Termies have lots of Sensors etc. and can see them!

4. I agree with Tacticals Abilities are.. Shield is pretty much useless. I always forgot to use it as Tactical.

5. Accuracy wise i would only buff the Assault Cannon. Vengeance is already very Accurate, it only does kick like the Emperor :shock:
When u watch the Bullettrails u can see how tight the spread actually is!
I would like to see more accuracy on the Assault Cannon. Maybe, but only maybe more DMG. Accuracy would give this Weapon "MORE" Dmg in a sense, due to more bullets will actually hit the target.

But like i said, Assault Cannon is useful even on Lion`s Sword! You can kill lots and lots of them. The more are coming and running next to each other the better!

The Question is: HOW MANY ENEMIES CAN SPAWN AND ATTACK AT THE SAME TIME?

The Game needs to be balanced accordingly to the Numbers and or Tier of Enemies. Otherwise u see `em and one sec later, they are wiped from History. I rather have a slightly longer fight...

If u could choose how many Enemies can possibly spawn, or at least get rid of a "Numbers Cap", i`d definelty go with more Dmg!!

On Champion(Normal) Difficulty, you can kill them soooo fast. If it would be faster i`d be dissapointed because i can`t listen to my awesome Assault Cannons Roarring and would shoot into nothing all the time so i can hear it :?

I first thought that the higher the difficulty, the more enemies will appear. That is however balanced on Team- SIze/ Skill, and higher difficulty gives them just more health and Dmg. There is always a cap on Numbers since some PC`s won`t handle too much enemies at the same time. Think about that, too!

I would like to see a mechanic where you are able to get rid of enemy Cap on Numbers! So i would play on Champion and have the Dmg Output you love to play with. Since on Normal like i said, has low Enemy Health. I haven`t tried the lowest difficulty of course. Maybe iot that what u want to play???!!!
Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light
Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith
Where there is shame, I shall point atonement
Where there is rage, I shall show its course
My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field.

HORDESLICER

Post by HORDESLICER » 21 April 2017, 19:18

Roibr wrote:
03 January 2017, 22:17
Plus, only the best Astartes of all Chapters wear Terminator Armor, so they have the biggest and baddest Guns and the best chance of Survival! :mrgreen:
playing this game I would say only the worst Astartes of all chapters wear terminator armor